Patellar tendinopathy refers to disease of this tendon leading to pain just below the kneecap. This can be in the form of:
- History & Clinical examination
- MRI & Ultrasound Scanning may be required for further detail
- Non-operative: Physiotherapy with or without taping, injection therapy including PRP* (platelet rich plasma)
- Operative treatment: Operative treatment may be required in the form of arthroscopic (keyhole) or open surgery
* Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is blood plasma (taken from the patient) that is treated to leave a platelet rich fluid that contains constituents that can aid healing of tissue.